Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Gospel Reflections


April 8,2020
3:13pm

“Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of thy faithful, enkindle in them the fire of thy Divine love, send forth your Spirit, and it shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.”

**

Today, will be copying from my handwritten reflection. ( side note: I hate rewriting a finished piece so I had to mention it.)

**

April 7 Gospel Reflection:  In what way have you abandoned Jesus just like Judas?

Beginning at the Passover meal, Jesus experienced a series of rejection from His close group of followers. Judas betrayed Him for 30 pieces of silver.
Peter denied Him three times before the  rooster crowed in the early morning.
The people who welcomed Him with palm fronds shouted at Him in anger to have Him crucified.
 I too can exchange Jesus not for silver or gold, but  even for a lesser value.
When I don’t honor Him with how I take care of my body, when I over eat, when I don’t sleep and exercise enough, I can reject Him like Peter.
When I do not acknowledge Him in situations that require me to admit I am His follower.
I can crucify Him over and over again when I commit my favorite sins of pride and anger.

April 8 Gospel Reflection:  How many doors have you opened to the devil to come in your life? Doors of anger, pride, hatred, lust, avarice, envy, scandal?

Every time I lose my cool, my patience and give in to frustration, irritation, disdain/dislike of myself or another, is giving the devil a foothold in my life.

When I hold on to my way of thinking as only I am correct or hold on to a grudge, I am PRIDEFUL.
When I over indulge in anything be it food, tv, rest, recreation, my thoughts that is in excess = avarice.
When I do not discipline my body and thoughts, that is being lazy= sloth
When I am not happy with the blessings of others= envy
When I see others as enemies= hatred
When I do not give good example=scandal

Lord Jesus, by your grace and mercy, help me.Restore these areas to wholeness and spiritual health. Shield me with your Word, armor, love and angels.
Holy Angels and guardian angels help me do good until I reach my best.






No comments:

Post a Comment