Sunday, April 5, 2020

Calvary Here We Come


April 5,2020
9:19am

“Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of thy faithful, enkindle in them the fire of Thy Divine Love, send forth your Spirit, and it shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.”

Jesus, King of Mercy, I trust in you.
Mary, Mother of God, pray for us who have recourse to thee.
St. Joseph, pray for us.
St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in the hour of battle, be our strength and refuge and shield.

**
Today, as I write, the dark grey curtain is shielding me from the glare of the outdoors. Somehow, the brightness of the sun is not a welcoming thought. My migraine attack of last night was terrible. Gotta take it easy today.

I put extra effort in having a grateful spirit.

Thank you Lord, that despite the challenges of my imperfections in carrying my cross, you have given me another day.

Thank you Lord for the revelations and lessons of yesterday.

Thank you Lord for the many times I rise from the ashes.

Thank you Lord for what today and tomorrow brings.

Thank you Lord for Palm Sunday.

May I be a warm enough palm frond for you…to continue to welcome you in my life, knowing that you are the only Way, Truth and the Life.

Thank you for the coming Holy Week. I will be the last one to claim perfection and holiness, but, I continue to ask for the grace to humbly take up my cross in calmness and kindness so that your glory may shine like the sun.

The same people who welcomed you are the same who cried out for your cruxifiction on good Friday.  Grant me the grace to continue to seek you in everything and in every time. Pardon my many offenses, wipe out all of my sins.

Mother  Mary,  hold my hand as we trudge my spiritual calvary. Do not let go of it please. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment