Friday, April 3, 2020

Commandments


April 2,2020
7:11pm

Tonight as I write, it has been snowing the whole day. I feel happy and excited to see snowflakes up close. I never realized that you could really see the intricate design of each.

Amazing work of our Creator.

There is a 3-4 inch thick snow build up on the window. They say it will be snowing up to almost 14 inches these coming days.

The past week saw the snow thaw in the front yards of the vicinity here.


One million souls with COVID 19 all over the world,  CNN news declares.

My sister relates that even talking can spread the infectious droplets.

I suggested, since Holy Week starts this Palm Sunday, ( April5) I guess it would help to minimize chatting especially useless ones.

For today’s Gospel Reading Reflections, I am encouraged to answer this question:  What do you offer to God- a raised hand or a straight walk in the ways of His commandments?

One can raise a hand in praise or one can raise his hand in protest/question or in shutting up a person. So, as I am reminded of the 10 Commandments:

1.      I am the Lord your God, you shall not have strange gods before me.
2.      Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
3.      Remember to keep Holy the Lord’s day.
4.      Honor thy father and thy mother.
5.      Thou shall not kill.
6.      Thou shall not commit adultery.
7.      Thou shall not steal.
8.      Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
9.      Thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife.
10.   Thou shall not covet thy neighbors goods.

What is my posture? Do I rebel and discard them as archaic? Obsolete? Man made thus not worthy of my time/attention?

Or do I take the time to reflect on what it means to me in practical considerations?

Do I ask the Holy Spirit to grant me the grace to have the wisdom to accept this set of guidelines as life giving and not restrictive?

Lord Jesus, you who say, that before Abraham, you were I AM already. This caused the learned people of your day to reject you and wished to stone you.

Continue to please reveal yourself to me in everyday events. Tell me your wish and will in my life, grant me the grace to be aware of you talking to me in these occurrences so that I am able to fulfill your mission, your mandate in my life.

Mother Mary, continue to pray and intercede for us in these very trying times. Help us to remain covered and protected under your blue mantle.

St. Joseph and St. Michael, the archangel, pray for us.
St. Padre Pio, pray for us.
St. John Paul II, pray for us.
St. Faustina , pray for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment