Tuesday, April 21, 2020

April 21,2020 Gospel Reflections

" Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of thy faithful, enkindle in them the fire of thy Divine love, send forth your Spirit, and it shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth."


April 21,2020
12:14pm

How is your Christian life? Is it marked by involvement or indifference?
The Christian life is a journey from conception to death to the afterlife.
The Christian parents can introduce/withhold  this life to the life of the child in vitro by their active or inactive involvement in the life of the church, their own prayer life, individually and as a couple.
This life can be either a life  filled with stations of the crosses moments or it could have its joyful and glorious moments and  hopefully, it can have clarity and determined purpose with the wisdom  obtained from the mysteries of  LIGHT of the holy Rosary.
My life today, as in all global citizens life is facing unprecedented challenges because of an invisible and yet clever virus.
This is the moment of testing. Is my Christian life authentic as gold?
Do I reveal the face of my maker in the moment to moment challenge of saying YES to life and NO to the snuffing of life?
Do I make choices that are compatible to Christian morals of right versus wrong?
Do I have love as my underlying motive and intent?
These are just some of the  questions I have to contend with in doing my daily examination of conscienceso that the God who knows everything will truly see the heart of my heart.


WHAT IS INDIFFERENCE AND INVOLVEMENT?
When I am actively acting and expressing love in all my ways...then I can say, I have involvement in the  communal life of my immediate family.
I also can apply this in my interior life of prayer and communion with my Maker.
When I refuse to be in a relationship with anybody or my Maker, then, I can be labeled as INDIFFERENT.
When one does not care or have no concern whatsoever, that is choosing a different path..that  diverges opposite to where my end goal is.
Now, as a Christian, I am challenged to use my free will to choose Gods will in my life..and that in the end, is the best for mewhich gains me the reward of heaven, after my valley of tears experiences in the toggling back and forth of being involved or indifferent in the challenge to love the unlovable, forgive the unforgiveable and to hope when all things are hopeless.

Mary, Mother of  God, pray for us.
St. Michael, pray for us.







No comments:

Post a Comment