Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fashion Versus Style

Magnificent March 30,2011
9:10 a.m.

Today’s Simple Abundance reflection by Sarah focuses on developing once own style. This carries over to tomorrow’s thoughts as well.
I guess the quote of Coco Chanel says it all:
“ Fashion fades, style remains.”
I never have been a fashionista.
I have never been into labels as well.
I am so much into my individuality that I want to celebrate it not to be different, but as a matter of expression.
When I was in my early teens, I ripped off the triangle label of my favourite ribbed blue denims so that I will not be stuck with a label.
It was received with much shock.
My peers at that time where into the right tags behind them.
I was not and still am not.
I go for self definitions rather than trendiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment