Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Service,Honor and Self Confidence

Magnificent March 23,2011
8:45 a.m.

One of my blogging goals is not to make this a vent of angst or frustration.
I found another way of resolving those snagging issues of the body and soul.
And yet, this morning, I am not really inclined to ponder on Sarah’s Why Self Confidence Cannot Be Bought, But Can Be Borrowed reflections.
I will try to connect it to what I gleaned from today’s Gospel readings and reflections from my daily bible guide emailed to me by Kerygma.
Jesus exhorts us to do loving service without regard for the pat in the back or the commendation from people who count or are the object of our service.
He says, that once we focus on places of honor because of what we do, it erases all the points that we may have earned from doing a good job.
This was mentioned with respect to the request of the wife of Zebedee for her two sons to seat one on the right and the other on the left of Jesus. (Matthew 20:17-28).
Whoever wishes to be great shall be a servant Jesus tells us.
As a wife and mother, it is almost often a thankless toil of continous tasks.
I remember the many many times my own mom served meals for us without me verbalizing thank you.
But day in and day out, there was food on our table.
Now, that I am a mother myself, I try to instil and cultivate gratitude in my daughter.
More by actions now than in words.
It is more effective.
I bask and relish at the glorious feeling of a job well done at the end of the day when I receive a bonus treat as my daughter expresses her gratitude.
But then again, it is better not to expect, so when it comes, it is much more sweeter.
In one of my more difficult moments in my current pregnancy, my husband expressed his apologies that I was going through so much rough moments.
His simple yet very heartfelt sorry made me snap out of my awful disposition.
It made me sit up.
Much straighter despite all the aches and pains and discomfort.
What I have inside of me now, is one of the greatest miracles of our Lord.
I am given the honor and privilege of being part of this great work.
My confidence lies not in my own effort...but in Him who has initiated this, for He will equip me and provide for me....and that cannot be taken away from me, for He has assured me, time and time and again...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment