Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dazzling Qatar Total Open 2014





Fit &  Fab February 16,2014
8:57am

Simona Halep!

Hanep sa galing!

Translated as:  Amazing  greatness!

I kept  asking Ruel, hey, why am I so into tennis lately? I have never been so zealous in watching matches …even in  the time of Cris Evert, Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe, Billy Jean King,  Martina Navratilova or  Andre Agassi or Hinges ,Seles or Graf.

Ruel too was at a loss for a possible explanation.

Last  Feb.10, I did not go with the kids and Ruel to Khalifa Stadium to watch the games cause, like I said, I was lukewarm to the game.

Now, since the Qatar Total Open 2014 is live on Ooreedoo sponsored  TennisTv here in Doha, where you are able to see and know more about the players, catch them in slow mo for the important point or serve, one cannot help being bitten by the tennis bug…and I am definitely hooked.

My goodness, I just wanted to see in live action the Williams sisters. But, since Serena is injured, my only chance was Venus. And so, yes, I was able to watch her loose to the rising star, Petra Kvitova  of Czechoslovakia. And, I have not wanted to miss anymore games.

Last night was so exciting between Simona Halep ( Romania) and Agnieska Radwanska( Poland)..and am so looking forward to the match tonight between Halep and Kerber of Germany.


I missed the game between Kerber and Jankovic ( Serbia) but so enjoyed the game between Jankovic and Petra Kvitova.


** ** **

This weekend was so jam packed with this and that.

We all missed an invitation to go back to Sealine in Meissaied  to try out the dunes with an ATV and  or the camels again. Ruel and I  had these troublesome headache  Thursday night. I guess too much of his roasted peanuts while watching the tennis matches.

Also, we were expecting workers to come and repair once and for all ( 1 year in the waiting) our bathroom ceiling which has it’s mouldings  peeling off and  ugly due to a water leak from the upstairs flat.

We are so happy with the outcome. It so nice to LOOK UP each bathroom visit!

I am also happy that finally, my constipation, due to all the flurry of activities and excitement, has finally ended. It gave me such a  discomfort last night.



photo credits: Simona Halep (Romania) 1st picture, Agnieska Radwanska ( Cze) and  Jelena Jankovic ( Serbia) 2nd and 3rd photos all in Qatar Total Open 2014.





No comments:

Post a Comment