Friday, February 7, 2020

January 14-30 Manila Trip


Formidable February 7,2020
9:50am


I asked my first born last night before bedtime, what I would be posting in FB today? She reminded herself of the many videos she has to edit.
This morning, I decided to blog about my two week trip to Manila from Jan 15-Jan 30.
Last November 2019, it was deliberated, and decided that I go instead of Ruel. I would have preferred he would have been the one, knowing how challenging the one million and one TO DO LIST we had to accomplish.
As usual, I packed my stuff in the last minute. Ruel and I had a last minute search in Salwa road for N95 masks which the google map misdirected us to another location, a bit far from the actual location of the pharmacy.

The pharmacy had the 3M brand, while I had to contend with boxes of other brands from the wrong pharmacies we went to.

The Taal eruption was giving me a lot of worry. I surmised our arrival would be detoured to Clark. But, by God’s extra portion of grace, after like two days of cancelled flights coming in and flying out of Manila, our flight pushed through.

Marina suggested that I get the aisle seat so that it would be easier for me to get in and out as I needed to go to the lavatory and so I did.

It was so funny to see their reactions when they asked me in farewell, “ Mama, what does it feel like to travel alone?” …I pranked them with a dramatic flair, I am free, I answered! With diva like gestures, that people in the airport where thinking strange thoughts of me…Care bear!

Unfortunately, I dozed off to my left in the 9 hour stretch, ( to the aisle area)  my neck and shoulders were in a very awkward position that I knew would cost me dearly. So it did, 2 nights I could not sleep in pain.

In cue for a yellow taxi airport, I got to chat with a young lady, coming home to prepare for her wedding from being based in the Maldives. We talked about how challenging cancelled flights were and were  feeling very blessed that our flights pushed through, she via Singapore me straight from Doha.

My SMDC Light  airbnb accommodation was situated in the 48th floor and my very good friend Nanet was going to keep me company. Way back November I was kidding, just in case the Big One decided to happen, I had someone to be with me for the experience.Hahaha…almost prophetic with the Taal and currently Mayon volcano and numerous other volcanoes acting up along the ring of fire continuously.

It was a whirlwind and flurry of activities. I would have wanted to meet a lot more friends and relatives…unfortunately, time, resources and energy were very limited. I know, understanding can be hard sometimes when expectation is elevated…but, when the dust settles, goodness and goodwill still will  prevail.


No comments:

Post a Comment