Saturday, January 25, 2014

In Search of Sandy




Joyful January 24,2014
11:50pm

Oh wow!
Such a wonderful day!
I actually slept at around 5am today because, I kept on researching wonderful love songs to dedicate to my husband each day starting from our 12 month wedding anniversary.
I could not wait to do it that I revealed it to him.
N.R.
Hmmmm…
Perhaps he also has pregnant thoughts.
Anyway, my sister Chinkie roused me from my slumber at 11am  with a call announcing her arrival time for our adventure to search for Sandy.
And so, we left for Humsaied at a little past 2.
I seated  with her in the back seat with Marcelina while Marina was with her dad upfront.
And we chatted away.
We just stopped for her tourist guide information of the spots along the way. How we  marveled at the burst of colors of different flowers that filled every roundabout center and side walks….that I had to stop myself from getting off and getting the most important photo op. Hehehe.
For the first time we saw the oil rigs or oil wells…that look like giant matchsticks…or POSPORO HIGANTE from the distance.
Real abundance in our midst.
Black diamond.
OIL…all around with the burning flames at the tip of each tower!
Wow!
Then...as we neared Sealine after Messaeid…the long stretch of sand dunes where rows after rows of dune buggy rentals populating  the landscape…the different models and sizes of All Terrain Vehicles ATV …looked like ants from the distance running up and down the sand hills and mountains. Of course, the SUVs also did not lag behind in their presence and insistence to climb the unstable natural formations brought about by the wind blowing these sand particles.
It was a marvel to behold.
Then we got to Sealine proper.
Then….We got glimpses of the towering, gentle and  awkward, gawky animals.
Marcelina was not pleased with the noise as we stepped out of Whitey.
The Dune buggies were whizzing all around… maybe heightened her sensitive ears due to the infection she has currently.
And so, we chose our camel.
Our guide was a pleasant man.
Marina first rode.
FUN!
Then…it was my turn without Marcelina as I would have hoped otherwise…she was just not interested to take a ride…she somehow felt my initial tenseness and excitement rising in me.
I kept giggling and laughing at Marina…then when it was my turn…Oh how challenging was the mount. I knew…most of them just kept themselves from laughing at my awkwardness. I mean…the width of the crouching beast was a bit difficult to straddle.
Then…when I was finally in place.
The guide said, HOLD ON.
Whoop!
I was thrust forward in a vicious jolt bringing me to a scream, delirious laughter…runny nose mixing with joyful tears streaming from my eyes continuously throughout the 20 meter walk ( approximation only.)
It was should I say, quite a ticklish ride!
My goodness, the 7 feet height or so made me a bit nervous at the thought of my slipping and falling and I was now, anticipating the rude dismounting! Oh no!
Will I make it?
I did with a yelp and a quelled scream!
I survived my first ride with Sandy…the thick lashed desert wonder!
Thank you dear God!
We transferred  to a nearby location near the seaside…and had some light snacks…the kids and their dad strolled near the water while sisters chatted away.
After talking about something sensitive…and heading back to the parking area…we saw the most amazing sign of hope in the sky.
A rainbow!
Not the 180* kind traversing the horizon…
No!
It was circling the sun!
Only the east and west  points cutting across the 4pm sun was visible.
What a sight to gaze upon.
It was the magic hour when the sand dunes was turning into a different shade of light gold!
Wow!
God you are so good!
















No comments:

Post a Comment