Tuesday, October 3, 2017

A Day Well Spent

Optimal October 2,2017
11:55pm

Today is one of those days I wish I had 5 hours more.

So many things in my to do list that barely got even a dent.

Hmmmm…do I declare it a wasted day?

Hearing the girls singing with much gusto in the next room after our goodnights seems to be something good!

The little one telling me about her wish…with a but at the beginning…”only if it is according to God’s will” wants to have a complete set of  Frozen( the Movie) dolls.

Tells me she got her priorities on track.

Marina dutifully reminding her sister to obey first before complaining because it is part of the commandments to children…warms my heart and cools my almost always impatient top.

A day well spent is when both the pursuits of academics are balanced off with the condition of the heart and the requirements of the home and all the members in it. Common and individual goals hand in hand, not letting go or giving up on any.

I have learned to use one word instructions than to give long winding instructions after the 3rd attempt to make them do what I am asking them.

The advise is working! Hurrah!

So, yes, even if it was a challenge to count my blessings to number ten…I declare it was a day well spent!

The small note on my bed from small fingers is evidence to such wonderful blessings that keep my arms full every time we need our hugs.

So…I should not take my TO DO LIST so seriously…after all, if I want to earn my angel wings…I have to take my temporal accomplishments with a grain of salt…and not take my stature as a leader or a teacher too heavily..

Like angels…they can fly because they do not have much ego or pride to weigh them down too much.





No comments:

Post a Comment