Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love.
Lead: Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created.
Response: And you shall renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray. O God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant us in the same Spirit to be truly wise and ever to rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord. Amen
** ***
Hi my regular reader!
Whoever you are... I thank you for reading my thoughts.
I also praise and thank my dear Lord Jesus Christ for this grace to be able to ponder on His word, His gospel, His good news of salvation and to digest it, process it and share how it is inspiring me to faithfully walk the talk of evangelization through this digital print.
I have not been able to do my online reflections lately.
So many distractions.
Lack of focus and discipline.
Resilience.
Anyhow, today is another chance to do better.
Before reading the gospels, I listened, and sang along to Paul Rose in Sing the Hours for today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S9OwmT4Txc
Then I sang along loudly to my recent favorite worship songs:
Hosanna, One Day and Still.
All by Hillsong.
The words of the songs are truly resonating with me.
It makes me come alive from my almost default slumber.
Praise and thank you Lord Jesus.
Here is today's Kerygma Daily Bible Reflections:
https://kerygmafamily.com/modules/dailyreadings/read.php?date=2026-08-25
The reflections questions are :
Does your practice of faith—Mass, prayers, devotions—lead you to become more just, merciful, and compassionate in your daily life? What concrete step can you take today to let your worship flow into service, especially toward someone in need or difficult to love?
I will tie my answer to the word that struck me in last Sunday's homily by Fr. Eric Gibbins in Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish:
LISTEN.
Before I think of giving the sermon on the mount...I will ask more questions and listen more without thinking of the next rebuttal.
My walk of faith, has been a struggle.
One step forward.
Two steps back.
So, yes, perhaps, my husband and daughters see me being so far from holiness or righteousness.
But, I hope and pray that they see Jesus in me more and more despite my feeble attempts.
And that they also will agree with me...that without Jesus...I can do no good.
Nothing at all.
Totally wretch! Woeful!
Being totally united to Jesus and His truth as promoted by His church...will keep me in the path and I can DO all things He calls me out to do.
Mother Mary, pray for me and my family.
St. Joseph, pray for me and my family.
Glory be to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

No comments:
Post a Comment