Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love.
Lead: Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created.
Response: And you shall renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray. O God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant us in the same Spirit to be truly wise and ever to rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord. Amen
** ***
Every month, the online book club I mentor, called the Dandelion Book Club, gather and discuss books that are created into movies.
For September 2026 we are discussing the movie that is made into a book called, Nefarious (2023.)
For today's gospel readings and reflections , I am getting wisdom from TV MARIA SALITA NG DIOS SALITA NG BUHAY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqIhh1vu2wk
The priest is asking the question how to know real from fake.
Who is real? Who is fake?
In the movie, Nefarious, the demon , as inhabiting the host body of Edward, pointed out to Dr. James Martin, that the current culture is so numb and so clueless as to knowing evil even if it is already in your midst or right in your face.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/4SIyscmeoV4
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JxOGrCQW7cI
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/HSo9SQfmmMg
When I was in my mid to late twenties, I was able to witness a demonic possession.
Our leader Paulette, prior to the incident, as she was giving a talk to our Christian Life Program participants, saw white washed tombs in them.
She had the impression that the service team of Single's for Christ were not doing what we were supposed to be doing.
We were not walking closely with our talk.
We had not turned back from our sins in total conversion.
Then, we had the gall serving in the Lord's work while being in bed with the devil.
Bad combination, she scolded us.
I praise and thank God for the grace to accept that with humility.
There was a struggle in me a bit since, I was not really part of the service team, I just attended to show support but, I knew, I had unrepented sins that required the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
I soon after did.
I reconciled also with a sister who I was harboring resentment with.
That was many eons years back.
I still do not wish to witness a similar malevolent event and I still struggle with hurts and broken relationships.
But, as the character of Legion claims in the movie, there are many things that we do or i support unwittingly are already murder.
Euthanasia.
Abortion.
Capital punishment.
** ***
https://kerygmafamily.com/modules/dailyreadings/read.php?date=2026-08-26
In what small but real ways can you live as a prophet of truth, compassion, and courage in your daily life?
Lord, give me a heart like Yours—bold in truth, tender in love, and faithful even when the world rejects me. Amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment