Friday, August 7, 2026

Transfigure and Transform


Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.


** ***

The weather today has been cool and a bit overcast with light showers.

The gospel reading for today is of Jesus meeting Moses and Elijah up in the mountain.

Peter , John and his brother James were with Jesus and saw and heard everything.

The dazzling white clothes.

The voice from a cloud saying " This is my beloved Son in whom I am very pleased. Listen to Him."

Oh how I wish it was as clear as it was in that mountain top experience for those who are straying from the right path.

We just had recently experienced a mountain top visit.

It was super awesome.

I didnt like to come down anymore.

But, life is in the valleys and the prairies.

It was a much needed retreat.

It was such a renewal.

We returned home very much refreshed.

** ***

Gospel reflection questions:

Imagine that you were with Jesus when He transfigured. How would that make you feel? 

How is God revealing Himself to you and calling you to be more like Him?


** **

Thank you Lord Jesus for revealing yourself to me in the mountains of Banff.

Thank you Lord Jesus for blessing us with Your favor.

Thank you Lord Jesus for protecting us from all harm and danger.

Thank you for refreshing us with the beauty of  nature...the emerald waters of Lake Louise and the cool view of the mountain tops.

Thank you Lord Jesus for bringing us safely home.

Thank you Lord Jesus for your message today that I can also be transformed by your WORD and your grace...that each day, I will target to receive Your pat in my back by saying, You are very pleased with what I accomplished for You and how I remained a child of the most High bringing His LIGHT to all.

Thank you Lord. Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment