Friday, August 7, 2026

Take Up Your Cross and Follow Me

 Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love.

Lead: Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created.
Response: And you shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray. O God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant us in the same Spirit to be truly wise and ever to rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

** ***

There are days, no matter the times you read  or listen to something...it does not stick.

I kept listening to  Fr. Eric Gibbins of Our Lady Of Perpetual Help Church in Roblin St. Winnipeg in the 9am online broadcast of today's mass.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJQeW3LiWF8


Now as I attempt to recollect the readings...what stands out is the tops of mountains imagery in the first reading.

Earlier, at breakfast time for Lilli and I, I pointed out to her the formations I can see in the canopy of trees between leaves outside our dinning area window.

It forms a cross.

She sees a star.

When the canoe we were given in Lake Louise was #7, I knew that it was God's way of saying, I see you. Now, see me!

The number 7 has often been associated as God's number.

Today, we are reminded to follow Him, deny ourselves and carry our crosses.

Father Eric says, the cross may vary and differ.

It could be people around who are hard to love and forgive.

It could be having to sacrifice our wants and needs so others may simply live.

It could also be being patient and loving when you want to give up on someone.

Whatever it may be, God in His greatness can help us with the burden or heaviness...like Simon the Cypriot, who help Jesus, God the Father, God the Holy Spirit can help us carry our cross.

Thank You Lord  Jesus.

Thank You...

** *** 

https://youtu.be/U9LRXjUVArM

Our recording for your audio comfort the gospel readings for today.

Here is Kerygma Family Bible Readings and reflection questions and prayers.

https://kerygmafamily.com/modules/dailyreadings/read.php?date=2026-08-07

** **

What is your version of “taking up your cross and following Jesus”?

What do you see as a cross in your life today?



No comments:

Post a Comment