Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth.
O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.** ***
It is Friday and the last day of July 2026.
Sun down is getting earlier. Last June, it would set almost 10pm. Now, it is almost 9pm.
Soon, it would be fall.
The fist order of the day yesterday, though how much I preferred to sleep all day, was to bring Mari's 2nd hand car to Holy Cross Church to be blessed by Father Ani.
We were in time for the 745am mass. There was a group of pilgrims departing for Our Lady of Guadalupe, Wisconsin.
I shared in their quiet excitement!
Today, I plan to write about our MFC Western Region Couple's Congress (WRCC) what I picked up from there and how Ruel and I wish to go forward in our service of our Lord Jesus.
But, for now, let me just focus mostly on the reflection questions from Kergyma Family Daily Bible Reflections:
What has been your turning point in life—that is, when did you decide to follow Christ?
It was 1976 and a very strong earthquake struck Zamboanga City. The aftershock the following day was equally scary.
In great distress I called on to God to save us.
Zamboanga City was indeed spared from the tidal wave that hit the neighboring towns all around us while we, being at the tip of the peninsula, was spared.
Local folklore claimed that Our Lady of the Pillar, which was just a stone throw from our residence at 26 Valderosa St. was instrumental in interceding and praying for the city to be kept safe.
Mom was panic stricken and as we all huddled at the bottom of the staircase, just by the main doors, I asked her to pray. She was in shock that she told me to take the lead.
Me, being the 7th of 8 children that time, felt so unworthy.
And yet, I obeyed.
It marked my walk with my Lord's Mother first...then in high school, I chose to read the bible daily.
Are you praying for a miracle? Do you have faith? What preparations have you made to receive your coming miracle?
I declare that our recent trip to Alberta was a miraculous feat in itself. It was not part of the plan. But, God wanted to meet us in the WRCC and so, he blessed us with the means which he made use of a good number of earth angels.
The only preparation I can make in receiving coming miracles and or answered prayers is the posture of humility and TRUST.
No matter what, if God wills it, it is possible.
Who was the first person you shared your conversion story with? What was his/her reaction?
It is the community of Singled for Christ then my readers in the old yahoo! blogging site.
My prayer as taken from Kerygma:
Lord, please continue to be my strength as you re-direct me each time I fall and lose my way. Mama Mary, pray for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment