Tuesday, October 6, 2026

The Lord's Prayer and the sisters Mary and Martha

 Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love.

Lead: Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created.
Response: And you shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray. O God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant us in the same Spirit to be truly wise and ever to rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

** ***

Today's gospel readings and reflections from Kerygma Family:

https://kerygmafamily.com/modules/dailyreadings/read.php?date=2026-10-06

The gospel tells about the sisters Mary and Martha, and who Jesus thinks chose the better posture.

This morning I was like a Martha to my youngest. Reminding her of her unfinished tasks and her management of time.

I hope she gets the message more than the manner of communication.

I am not proud of losing my cool.

So, to answer the question by the lay person's reflection:

Can you say that others praise God because of the transformation ongoing in your life?

I think, my daughter just hears it all noise.

Not enough to Praise God for a transformed mom who corrects with love.

I do most with a lot of angst and anxiety.

My  trip last Wednesday to St Edward Church has to be repeated asap.

** ***

Lord, I come into your presence, praying the prayer you taught us...

Our Father, who art in heaven.

Holy be Your Name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.

Please do not bring us to the test.

Deliver us from  evil. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment